Your physician has arranged a date for your procedure and you will be provided specific instructions to follow.
The Day Before Your Procedure
- You will receive a call from our pre-op nurse to review information concerning the instructions for your procedure. You will be notified of your arrival time and fasting instructions in preparation for your procedure.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your procedure.
- Eating or drinking could cause your procedure to be canceled or postponed.
- Remove body piercings before your procedure.
- Notify your physician if you develop a cold, fever, respiratory infection, other illness or change in your medical condition prior to your procedure.
The Morning of Your Procedure
- Plan to arrive at the time instructed by the pre-op call nurse to allow for adequate time to prepare for your procedure.
- If you take medication on a daily basis, take the medication as directed by the pre-op call nurse.
- Bring your insurance card, photo ID, and a list of your medications with you.
- You should make arrangements with a family member or friend to accompany you to the center, you will not be able to drive yourself home.
Following Your Procedure
After your procedure, you will be provided with discharge instructions that include what you can eat, drink, and medication instructions. For 24 hours after your procedure:
- Have a family member or friend drive you home, and stay with you.
- Do not operate machinery, power tools, or appliances.
- Do not drive, sign important documents, or make critical decisions.
Of course, if you have any questions regarding your recovery, you are encouraged to contact us.