Your physician has arranged a date for your procedure and you will be provided specific instructions to follow.
The Day Before Your Procedure:
- You will receive a call from our pre-op nurse to review information concerning the instructions for your procedure. You will be notified of your arrival time and fasting instructions in preparation for your procedure.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your procedure.
- Eating or drinking could cause your procedure to be canceled or postponed.
- Remove body piercings before your procedure.
- Notify your physician if you develop a cold, fever, respiratory infection, other illness or change in your medical condition prior to your procedure.
The Morning of Your Procedure:
- Plan to arrive at the time instructed by the pre-op call nurse to allow for adequate time to prepare for your procedure.
- If you take medication on a daily basis, take the medication as directed by the pre-op call nurse.
- Bring your insurance card, photo ID, and a list of your medications with you.
- You should make arrangements with a family member or friend to accompany you to the center, you will not be able to drive yourself home.
Following Your Procedure:
After your procedure, you will be provided with discharge instructions that include what you can eat, drink, and medication instructions. For 24 hours after your procedure:
- Have a family member or friend drive you home, and stay with you.
- Do not operate machinery, power tools, or appliances.
- Do not drive, sign important documents, or make critical decisions.
Of course, if you have any questions regarding your recovery, you are encouraged to contact us.